Thai Herbal Compress Massage combines the healing effects of traditional Eastern massage techniques with heated herbal compresses. Containing a blend of over 14 aromatic and therapeutic traditional Thai herbs to simultaneously achieve a relaxing and invigorating effect on the mind and body. The treatment purifies, relaxes, warms, relieves aches and pains and improves the skin condition whilst stimulating the senses. Using heated herbal compresses originated in Northern Thailand.
Course content –
• Health & safety
• Professional ethics
• Hygiene and sterilisation
• Skin diseases and disorders
• History of ‘Thai Herbal Compress Massage’
• Sen (energy) lines theory
• Benefits & effects of ‘Thai Herbal Compress Massage’
• Preparation of client including consultation & record keeping
• Materials, equipment & products
• Practical tuition of ‘Thai Herbal Compress Massage’
• Client contra-actions / after-care
Entry Requirement –
Body massage qualification.
Course duration –
Examination System –
Continual assessments takes place during the day. On completion of the course a final practical and written test is completed to assess knowledge gained during the course.
Course Fees –
£150 including training workbook. Additional £20 for Thai Compresses
Qualification attained –
Athena Beauty Training Centre Diploma.
Professional insurance –
After successful completion of the course you will be awarded an Athena Beauty Training Centre Diploma. You will have the opportunity to join the industries associations that provide newsletters, insurance and other benefits to members. All Athena Beauty Training Centre Practical Courses are FULLY ACCREDITED, validated and recognised by Towergate Health & Beauty Insurance. See insurance and accreditation for details.