Thermal Auricular Therapy
Thermal auricular therapy is a gentle, relaxing and non-invasive treatment. It is an ancient natural therapy involving the use of ear candles to help address conditions such as excessive or compacted ear wax, glue ear, ringing in the ears, congestion from colds/flu, sinusitis, rhinitis, headaches and migraines. This course will teach you to apply a thermal auricular treatment safely and effectively using Hopi Candles.
• Health & safety / Professional ethics
• Hygiene and sterilisation / Diseases and disorders
• Contra indications and indications for treatment
• Conditions relating to the ear and head
• Related anatomy and physiology
• History & development
• How the candles work & their features
• Benefits & effects
• Knowledge of expected outcomes of treatment
• Preparation of client including consultation and recording keeping
• Materials, equipment and products
• Practical tuition including correct positioning and post-treatment massage
• Treatment planning / contra-actions / after care
Entry Requirement –
To be educated to GCSE Level.
Course duration –
Examination System –
Continual assessments takes place during the day. On completion of the course a final practical and written test is completed to assess knowledge gained during the course.
Course Fees –
£99 including training workbook. Set of ear candles required email for details
Qualification attained –
Athena Beauty Training Centre Diploma.
Professional insurance –
After successful completion of the course you will be awarded an Athena Beauty Training Centre Diploma. You will have the opportunity to join the industries associations that provide newsletters, insurance and other benefits to members. All Athena Beauty Training Centre Practical Courses are FULLY ACCREDITED, validated and recognised by Towergate Health & Beauty Insurance. See Professional Insurance for further details.