Body Massage Diploma
(Accredited Athena Beauty Training Centre Course)
* 2 day course including an e learning course
Massage is undoubtedly the most natural of all healing therapies and is a skill embedded in human culture. It is a natural way of maintaining the vital human connection: touch, but also has many other benefits such as helping with stress reduction and pain relief. It is relaxing, stimulating and invigorating for the mind and body. Physically it is aimed to improve the blood, muscular and nervous system and mentally it has a calming and soothing effect. Its benefits are now being recognised and approved by the medical profession. This course is about assessing clients, preparing for and delivering manual Swedish body massage techniques in a safe, effective and hygienic manner. You will be shown how to adapt your massage to suit the needs of a range of clients.
• Health & safety / Hygiene and sterilisation
• Professional ethics
• Skin diseases and disorders / Contra-indications
• Related anatomy and physiology
• History and development of Massage
• Benefits and the effects
• Preparation of client including consultation and record keeping
• Materials, equipment and products
• Practical tuition on a classic Swedish body massage treatment
• Client after-care
Entry Requirement –
To be educated to GCSE Level
Course duration –
Examination System –
Continual assessments takes place during the day. On completion of the course a final practical and written test is completed to assess knowledge gained during the course.
Course Fees –
2 Day Body Massage Diploma – £299 including a comprehensive training manual.
Qualification attained –
Athena Beauty Training Centre Diploma.
Professional insurance –
After successful completion of the course you will be awarded an Athena Beauty Training Centre Diploma. This course is FULLY ACCREDITED, validated and recognised by the following insurance companies:
- Towergate Health & Beauty Insurance
- ABT Beauty Therapist Insurance.
- Westminister Indemnity Insurance
See our insurance section for further details: https://athenabeautytraining.co.uk/insurance-accreditation/